- Sin is "to miss the mark". God has a standard of perfection that He has established and when this standard is broken we are no longer in a right relationship with Him.
- Sin is when we disobey God be breaking His law and we failto be Christ-like. Christ was the example of perfection.
- Sin prevents us from spending eternity with God and also from having the wonderful life that He desires for us.
- Sin is the refusal to acknowledge God's authority over our lives.
- Sin can be as bad as gossiping about someone, robbing a house or killing someone.
- The main point is that everyone sins: you, me, our family members, our friends, our classmates, our co-workers, our parents, our fellow church members, our pastors, everyone
other than Jesus Christ.
Scripture to confirm that all sin:
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23(NIV)
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all
unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives." 1 John 1:8-10 (NIV)
- Jesus died a brutal death on the cross to save us from our sins.
- Because of sin, a perfect blood sacrifice is needed for our relationship with God to be restored. Jesus' death and resurrection fulfilled the blood sacrifice that is needed.
- Jesus is the only way to Gad.
Scripture to confirm Jesus and His action:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 (NIV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23 (NIV)
"Jesus answered,'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'." John 14:6 (NIV)
Congratulations on your decision!
-See "What's Next" Page-
* NIV = New Internation Version